Stress balls are useful tools for active recovery of the hands. Perform the following exercises with a durable stress ball made of rubber:
- Crush it with the entire hand
- Pinch it with the entire hand
- Pinch it between the thumb and each finger
- Roll it against a table with the hand flat
- Using two hands, twist it like a jar lid. Twist in each direction
- Using two hands, pull the ends of the ball away from each other
Avoid stress balls made of foam, gel, or filled with sand. They are not durable and will tear or split.